Therapeutic Benefits of Massage
You may come to massage therapy with very specific goals – such as recovering from an injury, getting rid of a physical pain, wanting to feel more grounded in your body or just wanting to relax.
Goals often evolve over time. As you become more aware of your body and the needs of your complete being, you may wish to explore whole new dimensions of yourself through the practice of massage therapy.
During the last 5 years of practice I have seen clients benefit in many different ways, often one benefit building upon another.
- Improved circulation
- Pain reduction or cessation
- Specific help with dysfunction from old or new injuries
- Increases range of motion at joints
- Release of deep muscular tension
- Reduced anxiety and stress; improved sense of well-being
- Significant pain reduction
- Increased body and breath awareness
- Integration of body, breath and mind
- Improved healing/recovery time of sore or overused muscles
- Improved athletic performance
- Overall health maintenance